Participate in a hiker’s paradise during this insider tour of Griffith Park, with its stunning natural beauty and breathtaking 360° views high atop the hills of this sprawling urban landscape. Cap it off with an…
- Start Time: Any time (10 A.M. or Sunset Recommended)
- Tour Length: 2.5 hours
- Tour length can be customized for your group
- Tour Distance: 4 miles/6.4 km (10,000 steps!)
- Distance can be customized for your group
- Fitness Level: for Groups: Easy to Moderate. Guests should enjoy exercise, be in good health, and be able to walk 4 miles/6.4 km. Guests should not have an extreme fear of heights.
- Minimum of 10 people
- If you are a group of fewer than 10 and would like a private experience, please visit this page and check the private tour upgrade box after selecting the number of people
- Meeting Place: near Lake Hollywood Park (Exact location will be sent with confirmation.)
- Note: for large groups, meeting place for this tour can accommodate vans of up to 15 guests maximum. 6,000 lb vehicle max.
For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
Please note: This is experience is intended for groups, team building, and is also available to be booked as a private, VIP experience.
To book our daily public Hollywood Sign Experience, click here.
To book any of our daily public tours, click here.
*NOTE: Due to COVID-19, we now require the following for all of our tours:
- Guests must call or email 24 hours in advance to confirm their tour.
- All guests must wear masks on our tours.
- Guests must bring water (2 bottles for LA in a Day.)
Please call or email with any further questions, and check out our updated COVID-19 policies here.
- Take your group to the Hollywood Sign (behind and in front!)
- Panoramic, 360° views of all of LA
- Best photos of the Hollywood Sign to last a lifetime
- Leave LA fulfilled – get your full fix of insider, LA history from the best local guides in Los Angeles!
What You’ll See/Do
- You’ll take a 4 mile hike tour up behind and in front of the Hollywood Sign!
- You’ll get sweeping views of the following LA attractions:
- Warner Brothers’ Studios
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Dreamworks Animation Studio
- Disney Studios
- Paramount Studios
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery
- Historic Burbank
- Lake Hollywood
- Beverly Hills
- West Hollywood
- Century City
- Downtown LA
- Forest Lawn Mausoleum
- Griffith Park Observatory
- …and many more!
What is Provided
- Expert local guides, certified in CPR & First Aid
- Logistical planning
- First Aid Kit/s
- Event Insurance
What to Expect
- You’ll take a 2.5 hour, 4 mile hike tour through Griffith Park, up through the Hollywood Hills, and go in front of and behind the Hollywood Sign!
- You’ll get sweeping views of LA and all of its major film studios, learn the incredible history of Tinseltown, and get the BEST possible views of the Hollywood Sign. We will take you closer to the Hollywood Sign than any other company in LA.
Optional Add-On Services
- Group Mindfulness Experience
- Picnic Lunch Add-On Option
- Transportation to and from guests location
- Pop-up bar
What to Bring
- All guests must bring masks
- All guests must bring water (2 bottles for LA in a Day)
- Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
- Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt (check the weather)
- Closed-toe shoes with good treads
- Don’t forget your camera!
Private Hike to the Hollywood Sign – the Ultimate Hollywood Hike Tour!
Why should you take our private Hollywood Sign Hike Tour?
- You’ll see LA the right way – you’ll get out of your car, and get up close and personal with the City of Angels
- You’ll stay fit, get tan – you’ll burn calories and spend time in the sun
- You’ll step up your Insta Game – you’ll get the best views (and pics!) of the Hollywood Sign, both in front and in back
- You’ll get Insider Info – you’ll hear the unbelievable, “made for the screen” history of the most photographed sign in the world
- You’ll cure your Jet Lag – the best medicine for jet lag? Sunshine and exercise. Get moving on the first day to make the most of your trip!
Bikes and Hikes LA
- Best in Class – Founded 2009. Rated #1 in Los Angeles across the board.
- Expert Guides – Our Hollywood Sign Docents share the full history of the city, Griffith Park, and the iconic sign.
- Go Green – Our tours are carbon neutral. We pride ourselves on being a local leader in the fight against climate change!
Our hike to the Hollywood Sign is the ultimate private hike tour. Hike with us on the LA’s top hiking trail and experience the best hike in Hollywood on our unforgettable hike in front and behind the Hollywood sign.
This private Hollywood hike tour commences with an epic climb up to the Wisdom tree, a top local Los Angeles attractions. You’ll burn calories and spend time in the sun.At this stunning peak, guests are treated to 360 views of Los Angeles from the San Fernando Valley to Catalina Island. Guests will have ample opportunities for killer Instagram photos, mountain breezes, and the chance to record their names and wishes in the chest below the Wisdom Tree, the famed iconic tree to have survived the devastating 2007 Griffith Park Fire. This special lookout point brags one of the best views in Los Angeles.
Next, you’ll hike across the top of Griffith Park’s Mount Lee, the highest peak in the park, where you’ll snag a bird’s eye view of the top film studios in Hollywood: Universal Studios, Warner Brothers, and Disney. You’ll also catch a glimpse of the Forest Lawn Mausoleum, the final resting place for many of the top Hollywood celebrities. Your docent will regale you with Tinseltown trivia and Hollywood history, while ensuring a safe, rugged, and exciting climb. Keep your eyes peeled for top LA filming locations in Griffith Park, the backdrop for such classics as “Rebel Without a Cause,” “Who Framed Roger Rabbit,” “La La Land,” and more!
Once we hike up behind the Hollywood Sign, you’ll arrive at a scenic overlook with the best view of the Hollywood Sign in all of Los Angeles. To celebrate conquering the highest peak in Griffith Park, you can add on beverages from our pop-up bar! Once you’ve taken photos and taken in the stunning views of LA, we’ll hike down to the front of the Hollywood Sign, where you can take the best possible photo of ALL photos with the Hollywood Sign. This private hike tour will take approximately 2.5 hours, and is suited for guests looking for a challenging, bucket-list outdoor adventure. Perfect for VIPs and guests looking for a very special, unforgettable Hollywood Sign Hike!