Participate in a hiker’s paradise during this insider tour of Griffith Park, with its stunning natural beauty and breathtaking 360° views high atop the hills of this sprawling urban landscape. Cap it off with an…
- Start Time: 10:30 am (this is available as a private hike tour as well.)
- Standard Length: 2.5 hours
- Distance: 4 miles/6.4 km (10,000 steps!)
- Meeting Place: near Lake Hollywood Park (Exact location will be sent with confirmation.)
- Note: Limited parking available. If planning to drive, please arrive well in advance. Ride share recommended.
- Fitness Level: Easy to Moderate. Guests should enjoy exercise, be in good health, and be able to walk 4 miles/6.4 km. Guests should not have an extreme fear of heights.
- To book a private Hollywood Sign Hike tour or a group tour, click here.
- For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
*NOTE: Due to COVID-19, we now require the following for all of our tours:
- Guests must call or email 24 hours in advance to confirm their tour.
- All guests must wear masks on our tours.
- Guests must bring water (2 bottles for LA in a Day.)
Please call or email with any further questions, and check out our updated COVID-19 policies here.
Hiking to the Hollywood Sign
- The Hollywood Sign (behind and in front!)
- Panoramic, 360° views of all of LA on this Hollywood Tour
- Best photos of the Hollywood Sign to last a lifetime
- Leave LA fulfilled – get your full fix of insider, LA history from the best local guides in Los Angeles!
Additional Highlights include…
- Universal Studios
- Warner Brothers’ Studios
- Dreamworks Animation Studio
- Disney Studios
- Paramount Studios
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery
- Historic Burbank
- Lake Hollywood
- Beverly Hills
- West Hollywood
- Century City
- Downtown LA
- Forest Lawn Mausoleum
- Griffith Park Observatory…and many more!
What is Provided:
- Expert tour guide
- Unlimited Instagram photo opportunities!
What to Expect:
- We’ll be walking 4 miles/6.4 km along what is widely considered to be an easy to moderate hiking trail.
- Guests joining this tour should be in good health, with a beginner to intermediate fitness expectation.
- Guests should be able to walk 4 miles/6.4 km to take this tour.
- Guests should not have a fear of heights, and should not be afraid to break a sweat.
- Young children are welcome to join this hike tour; we recommend this tour for guests ages 6 and up. Children participating in the hiking tour should be able to hike on their own. NO STROLLERS!
- Guests must provide their own water for this tour. We recommend that guests bring 2 bottles of water, and to hydrate before, during, and after the Hollywood Sign Experience, especially important in the warm summer months!
- COVID-19 UPDATE: All guests must sign an online safety waiver prior to departure, to ensure a safe, contactless check in process.
What to Bring
- All guests must bring masks
- All guests must bring water (2 bottles for LA in a Day)
- Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
- Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt (check the weather)
- Closed-toe shoes with good treads
- Don’t forget your camera! Please tag us on Instagram @bikesandhikesla
Private Tour Option
All of our tours can be made private for an additional one time fee of $125 per group. When booking a private Hollywood Sign Experience, please include your desired start time in the “notes” section. Our Hollywood Sign Experience is also an excellent option for corporate group tours in Los Angeles.
Keep in Mind
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Guests should have a moderate physical fitness level and be in good health.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off and on site storage area not included.
- Gratuities for guide are not included in the booking cost.
- Guests must confirm their tour 24 hours in advance.
Free parking in Griffith Park.
No car? No problem! Click here for LA Metro’s Trip Planner
Just book it! You can cancel or make changes no later than 24 hours in advance of your booking, for a full refund or to reschedule your tour! If you happen to miss the 24-hour mark, you’re guaranteed credit to use at a more convenient time. You’ll also have the opportunity to transfer your tour to someone you like (or to whom you owe a favor).
How to Hike to the Hollywood Sign
Trails to hike to the Hollywood Sign are now open!
Find out how to hike to the Hollywood Sign, the world’s most famous sign! Our guides can’t wait to take you on our Hollywood Sign Experience – the best way to spend a day trip in Los Angeles!
Hiking To The Hollywood Sign With Us.
Take our Hollywood Sign Hike Tour – the closest you’ll get to the sign in LA.
- See LA the right way – get out of your car, and get up close and personal with the City of Angels
- Stay fit, get sun – you’ll burn calories and spend time outside
- Get the best views (and pics!) of the Hollywood Sign – both in front and behind
- Hear the unbelievable, “made for the screen” history of the most photographed sign in the world
- You’ll cure your Jet Lag – the best medicine for jet lag? Sunshine and exercise. Get moving on the first day to make the most of your trip!
Bikes and Hikes LA
- Best in Class – Founded 2009. Rated #1 in Los Angeles across the board.
- Expert Guides – Our Hollywood Sign Docents share the full history of the city, Griffith Park, and the iconic sign.
- Go Green – Our tours are carbon neutral. We pride ourselves on being a local leader in the fight against climate change!
The Hollywood Sign
Our new daily hike to the Hollywood Sign is the ultimate Hollywood Sign hike tour. You’ll go in front and behind the Hollywood sign on this unforgettable hike.
Hiking trails to the Hollywood Sign are now open, and we look forward to welcoming you on this epic tour. Our Hollywood Sign Experience, as with all of our other daily LA tours practices physical distancing and safety measures, ensuring a fun and safe way for you and your family to travel in 2020. On this LA hike tour, guests are treated to 360 views of Los Angeles from the San Fernando Valley to Catalina Island. Guests will have ample opportunities for killer LA Instagram photos, insider Hollywood History, and a spectacular guided Hollywood Sign Hike tour. This hike brags the best views in Los Angeles. You’ll snag a bird’s eye view of the top film studios in Hollywood: Universal Studios, Warner Brothers, and Disney. You’ll also catch a glimpse of the Forest Lawn Mausoleum, the final resting place for many of the top Hollywood celebrities. Your docent will regale you with Tinseltown trivia and Hollywood history, while ensuring a safe and exciting climb. Keep your eyes peeled for top LA filming locations in Griffith Park, the backdrop for such classics as “Rebel Without a Cause,” “Who Framed Roger Rabbit,” “La La Land,” and more!
Once we hike up behind the Hollywood Sign, you’ll arrive at a scenic overlook with the best view of the Hollywood Sign in all of Los Angeles. Once you’ve taken photos and taken in the stunning views of LA, we’ll hike down to the front of the Hollywood Sign, where you can take the best photos with the Hollywood Sign. This hike tour will take approximately 2.5 hours, and is suited for guests looking for a challenging, bucket-list outdoor adventure. Perfect for guests looking for a very special, unforgettable Hollywood Sign Hike!
Get closer to the Hollywood sign than any other company in LA!
‘Tis the season to support small businesses! Bikes and Hikes LA has all of your 2020 holiday gift needs! We are open and offering our LA tours as gifts. Check out our 2020 holiday gift guide and find the best gifts for your loved ones. Treat your family to a private LA tour, or buy a new bike ! Give a gift card to any of our Los Angeles tours. Find the best gifts for your family, friends, and loved ones at Bikes and Hikes LA! We wish you safe travels in 2020 and a happy new year- see you in LA!