Join us for a challenging 10-mile private group hiking tour near Azusa, CA and see beautiful scenery, several swimming holes, and the Bridge to Nowhere.
THE GRIFFITH OBSERVATORY HIKE – SCHOOL GROUP TOUR
- Standard Length: 2.5 hours (Duration fully customizable)
- Distance: 3.5 miles
- Time: Whenever you want!
- Price: $25 per person. 10 person minimum. *All taxes and fees included. Gratuity is encouraged and based on your overall satisfaction.
- Meeting Place: Griffith Park/ The Bird Sanctuary – 2900 North Vermont Canyon Road, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Fitness Level: Beginner to Moderate—some hills. Hike can be tailored to groups fitness abilities. Good health and close-toed shoes highly recommended.
Please note: This is experience is intended for school groups.
To book our daily public Griffith Observatory Hike, click here.
To book any of our other daily public tours, click here.
- Hollywood Sign
- Griffith Observatory
- Greek Theatre
- Mount Hollywood
- West Hollywood
- Sunset Strip
- Beverly Hills
- Century City
- Downtown LA
- Silver Lake
- Los Feliz
- Forest Lawn Mausoleum
- LA River… plus many more sights
Famous Film Locations:
- La La Land
- Die Hard
- The Terminator
- Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
What You’ll See/Do
- Your school group will take a 2.5 hour, 3 mile hike tour through the Hollywood Hills in Griffith Park
- Your group will get sweeping views of LA, learn the fascinating film history of Los Angeles, get an insider tour of the Griffith Observatory, and the best Instagram of the Hollywood Sign in LA!
What is Provided
- Expert local guides, certified in CPR & First Aid
- Logistical planning
- First Aid Kit/s
- Event Insurance
What to Expect
- This tour is rated easy to moderate. There are some hills.
- Guests should expect to break a sweat, and should be comfortable walking approximately 3 miles.
- Guests can expect great heights, and even better photos.
What to Bring
- All guests must bring water (2 bottles for LA in a Day)
- Under current CDC and California guidelines, guests are no longer required to wear a mask outdoors. Guests may bring masks if they feel comfortable doing so.
- Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
- Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt (weather depending)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Don’t forget your camera!
Optional Add-On Services
- Group Mindfulness Experience
- Picnic Lunch Add-On Option
- Transportation to and from guests location
- Pop-up bar
Highlights of this popular Hollywood hiking adventure include famous landmarks, panoramic city views, and much more!
What is the best hike in Hollywood?
With its stunning natural beauty and amazing vantage points, Los Angeles is a hiker’s paradise. Enjoy breathtaking 360° views from high atop the hills of this sprawling urban paradise on our Griffith Observatory Hike. This popular L.A. tour is available daily year-round! During your hike, our expert guides dazzle you with fascinating L.A. history while sharing fun facts about hit movie and TV shows filmed inside beautiful Griffith Park, all while standing at the exact shooting locations.
You enjoy a fun-filled hike to the highest point in the Hollywood Hills, and when you reach the top, you’re treated to an unforgettable panorama of the majestic downtown skyscrapers, the glitter of Hollywood, the posh mansions of Beverly Hills, and more. Hiking to the Hollywood Sign is a must-do in L.A., so next you head to the nearby Hollywood Sign for the chance to take an extra-special selfie at this iconic location. The perfect memento of this fun, fitness-fueled tour of Hollywood!
As part of this California adventure tour, you get to see where the Terminator arrived in LA, and also check out the famous tunnel featured in movies including Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Back to the Future II before finishing off with an unforgettable insider’s tour of the world-famous Griffith Observatory where Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone danced into the stars in La La Land. As an extra bonus: You can skip the lines when you’re with our tour! And, don’t forget to bring your camera! The Hollywood Hills Hike is great opportunity to burn some calories, get a history lesson, and take photos that last a lifetime.
Give a gift card to any of our Los Angeles tours! Find the best gifts for your family, friends, and loved ones at Bikes and Hikes LA! We wish you safe travels in 2021 and a happy new year- see you in LA!