CicLAvia 2022- Everything You Need to Know- August 21st, 2022!
CicLAvia 2022 – What You Need to Know!
Part 2- Check out our OG CicLAvia blog on our Bike Shop LA site! We’re so excited to celebrate summer and CicLAvia with you this year! The second CicLAvia event of the summer is coming up, and we can’t wait to see you there! Check out our blog post for everything you need to know about CicLAvia 2022!
August 21st, 2022
It’s our favorite time of year, where the traffic-dotted city streets of LA are shut down and jam packed with bikers, joggers, walkers, strollers, and all kinds of Angelenos. CicLAvia allows for several major city streets to be shut down and open to all kinds of non-car traversing. This August’s route not only ecompasses iconic swaths of our favorite major LA , but it also CONNECTS the cities of West Hollywood and Hollywood! Check out the map of the route below:
At Bikes and Hikes LA, we are alllll about getting you out of your car and into the sunshine, and CicLAvia is one of our favorite days of the year to do just that. Since our LA Bike Shop is located in the center of the CicLAvia route, we want to be the first to let you know to snag the best bike rental deals and to party with us on August 21st, 2022!
Check out our photos from past CicLAvia events below, and book your LA bike rentals below:
Here are some key points to know before you hit the road!
- CicLAvia is FREE and open to EVERYONE!
- The hours are from 9am to 4pm
- The streets are closed to car traffic, and open to all kinds of non-automobile transport, including walking, biking, playing, skating, and exploring the sights and sounds of LA!
- Everyone’s a winner! CicLAvia is not a race. There is not starting or finish line- see LA your way, and start wherever you’d like on the route!
- It is not a one way street- the traffic flows in two directions, like regular traffic. For more rules of the route, click here
- From the Organizers: As a general rule of thumb, only people-powered vehicles are allowed, with exceptions for persons with disabilities. That means we do not allow electric scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, unicycles, motorcycles and other non-people-powered vehicles, but we do allow motorized wheelchairs and related vehicles for people with disabilities. We want to make sure that everyone can enjoy our route.
- It’s electric! Class 1 e-bike pedal assist bikes are allowed. More ebike breakdowns:
- Class 2 e-bikes allowed when throttle is powered off.
- Class 3 e-bikes allowed when pedal-assist is powered off.
- Learn more here. General rule of thumb: if you’re pedaling (and not riding), you’re clear.
- Public health guidelines: CicLAvia follows the LA County Public Health Guidelines. The event is outdoors, and masks are optional. The event organizers will have masks available at the event Info Booths, and we’ll continue to keep watch over COVID protocols.
- Official Note:
- As consideration for being allowed to participate in a CicLAvia, all participants are deemed to have released from liability and waived any right to sue its organizers, their employees, officers, volunteers and agents from any and all claims, including claims of negligence, resulting in any physical injury, illness (including death) or economic loss suffered as a result of participating in this CicLAvia.
- By participating in a CicLAvia event, each participant understands that there are risks, such as physical and/or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability, death or economic loss. These injuries or outcomes may arise from a participant’s or other’s actions, inactions, or negligence, or the condition of the location (s) or facility (ies). Nonetheless, participants assume all known and unknown risks of participation in CicLAvia.
We can’t wait to celebrate CicLAvia 2022 with you! Check back to this page for updates, and we’ll see you on the 21st.