LONG RANGE OPTION: TERRANEA TO SANTA MONICA PRIVATE BIKE TOUR
Perfect for a private bike tour, Quintessential Southern California is a 25-mile bike trail featured in hundreds of TV shows and movies. Whether you are here on vacation, or live nearby and want to feel like you are on vacation, it is a great way to explore the many personalities of the beach towns along the South Bay Strand. Starting your ride along the ocean cliffs that make up Palos Verdes, you make your way over to Redondo Beach then hop on a bike path that takes you past Hermosa and Manhattan Beach. Manhattan Beach is the birthplace of beach volleyball, so there will be some bumping and spiking to watch as you ride on past. Afterward, you pedal past Playa del Rey (Silicon Beach), the surfers at Dockweiler State Beach and under the planes taking off from LAX.
The trail winds through Marina Del Rey and into Venice Beach, pedaling past Muscle Beach, skate parks, artists, and quirky shops along the way. After Venice, you pedal into Santa Monica and we stop at the Pier where you can take a break for a Ferris wheel, coaster or carousel ride, eat some ice cream, or visit one of the Farmer's markets for lunch before pedaling back.
- No. Of Participants:10 person min / 250 person max
- Length:• 4-6 hours
• Approximately 50 Miles
- Fitness Level:Moderate. Flat terrain and mostly bike only paths
- Tour Includes:• Expert CPR & First Aid Certified Tour Guide(s)
• 21-Speed High-End Hybrid Road Bike (M/F)
• Safety Equipment (Helmet & Vest)
• Bicycle Staging
• Water & Healthy Snacks
• Chaser Vehicle
• Guide Gratuity
- What To Bring:• Comfortable shirt and shorts or pants
• Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt
• Closed-toe shoes
• Don’t forget your camera!
- Event Planning Questionnaire:
- Debbie S.: Had a fantastic day. Our guide Stephen paced the walk to suit all in the tour party. Would recommend this walk to everyone...
- Corrina F.: I did my third tour with Bikes and Hikes LA earlier this month and enjoyed it as much as I did the first and second time...
- Ano N.: Easily the best thing we've done in LA...let alone any of our travels. Do yourself a favor and book this in when you're in LA