MALIBU/PACIFIC PALISADES HIKE OPTIONS
Option 1: The Santa Monica Mountains/Pacific Palisades
Just a short drive from the beach, experience spectacular hiking adventures in the Santa Monica Mountains. Certain to be invigorating to the body, mind and spirit, these custom excursions showcase some unbelievable terrain and views of the entire LA basin. Our hike begins in a residential canyon bordering Santa Monica and the Pacific Palisades. The trailhead will drop you at a wide ambling trail that twists and turns through the Santa Monica Mountains. From various vantages points along the way, you’ll be afforded breathtaking views of the city of Santa Monica, the Pacific Ocean, and downtown Los Angeles. The hike is approximately 2 – 3 miles long and it’s ranked as easy—which makes it a good fit for anyone in your group.
Option 2: Malibu Waterfall Experience
Once upon a time, a supermarket mogul built his dream house of stone and wood in Malibu and designed it to seamlessly integrate into its beautiful natural surroundings. The house overlooked a natural springs and a waterfall, trailing down from the Malibu Highlands. Burned to the ground in a 1982 fire, the ruins of this Paul Williams-designed home are fascinating to tour, a highlight of this adventure through Malibu. This tour is approximately 2 – 3 miles and begins at a trailhead in a beautiful canyon in Malibu. The approximately 30-minute drive to the hike goes past many Malibu landmarks (celeb homes lining exclusive Carbon Beach, The Malibu Beach Inn) and our tour guide will point them out along the way. When you hike up into the hills, you’ll be greeted by some of the most striking architecture of Southern California including one dramatically gigantic high-tech home cantilevered from the top of the mountain (it’s affectionately named after a popular Star Wars character—you’ll see why). Around every turn, you’ll see some spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. Most importantly, you’ll be wowed by the natural scenery, the interesting history of Malibu, and the fresh ocean air.
- Length:• 2.5 hours
• Approximately 3.5 miles
PLEASE NOTE: The timing of this adventure may be condensed based on your time frame
- Fitness Level:Easy—flat/moderately hilly terrain
- Tour Includes:• Expert CPR/ First Aid Certified Tour Guide
• Water & Healthy Snacks
• Guide Gratuity
- What To Bring:• Comfortable shirt and shorts or pants
• Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt
• Closed-toe shoes
• Don’t forget your camera!
- Event Planning Questionnaire:
- Debbie S.: Had a fantastic day. Our guide Stephen paced the walk to suit all in the tour party. Would recommend this walk to everyone...
- Corrina F.: I did my third tour with Bikes and Hikes LA earlier this month and enjoyed it as much as I did the first and second time...
- Ano N.: Easily the best thing we've done in LA...let alone any of our travels. Do yourself a favor and book this in when you're in LA