Participate in a hiker’s paradise during this insider tour of Griffith Park, with its stunning natural beauty and breathtaking 360° views high atop the hills of this sprawling urban landscape. Cap it off with an…
- Tour Length: 3.5 hours (Duration fully customizable)
- Tour Distance: 5.7 miles
- Time: Whenever you want!
- Fitness Level: for Groups: Moderate—some hills. Hike can be tailored to groups fitness abilities. Good health and close-toed shoes highly recommended.
- Meeting Place: Malibu, CA
- Optional: Wine tasting at local vineyard!
- For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
- Please note: This is experience is intended for groups, team building, and is also available to be booked as a private, VIP experience. To book any of our daily public tours, click here.
- Climb the highest peak in the Santa Monica Mountains and enjoy epic views of the Santa Monica Mountains and the Pacific Ocean!
- Surround yourself with gorgeous natural flora and fauna, including the abundant, fragrant coastal sage that grows on this LA hiking trail
- Enjoy a rugged hiking trail with intricate, natural rock formations
- Snag a great workout with the challenging trails, and modify this hiking path to suit your group’s fitness needs!
- …and more!
What You’ll See/Do
- You’ll hike on a rugged path up Sandstone Peak, the highest peak in the Santa Monica Mountains- your group is able to modify this path from a challenging 6.1 mile hike to an easier, 3- mile loop or a custom distance suited to your needs and preferences!
- You’ll hike on a beautiful trail, surrounded by some of the best scenery in Malibu and Calabasas
- You’ll get beautiful views in all directions of the surrounding Santa Monica Mountains and the Pacific Ocean
- Your group can picnic in the sun in the Sandstone Peak Picnic Area, and soak up the surrounding Malibu breezes and sunshine
What is Provided
- Expert local guides, certified in CPR & First Aid
- Logistical planning
- First Aid Kit/s
- Event Insurance
What to Expect
- You and your group will hike on a 6.1 mile rugged path up Sandstone Peak, the highest peak in the Santa Monica Mountains- your group is able to modify this path to an easier, 3- mile loop or a custom distance suited to your needs and preferences!
- Groups booking this private experience should be experienced hikers and expect to hike several miles up a steep trail.
- Groups booking this experience should be comfortable hiking, walking for several miles, and in good physical health.
- Groups booking this experience should not be afraid of heights.
Optional Add-On Services
- Group Mindfulness Experience
- Picnic Lunch Add-On Option
- Transportation to and from guests location
- Pop-up bar
What to Bring
- Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
- Jacket/windbreaker or sweatshirt
- Closed-toe shoes
- Don’t forget your camera!
About Sandstone Peak Malibu Hike Tour
This is the ultimate team building, bucket-list adventure! This hike takes you to the highest point in the Santa Monica Mountains at 3,111 feet above sea level. While on this adventure, you get to experience a rare coastal Mediterranean ecosystem. This route takes you through scrub land and native oak groves, and to the three prominent peaks in the Santa Monica Mountains with unbelievable views of the range, the Channel Islands, Pacific Coast and, on clear days, the San Gabriels and lands as far south as Palos Verdes.
Our knowledgeable guide makes a regular visit to the Sandstone Peak a truly astonishing experience, taking you on a fully customizable insider’s tour of the area while also offering insightful and intelligent interpretation along the way with the aim of seeing to your every need. This is like going on a hike with an entertaining local friend, who identifies with the tour as you go along, ensuring you have an amazing time.
Optional: Malibu Private Group Hike & Wine Tasting Tour!
After this invigorating hike, enjoy some local wines and cheese at a nearby vineyard.