VENICE BEACH AND CANALS WALKING TOUR
Nothing captures the imagination of those coming to Southern California quite like our magical beach towns and among them—Venice sits at the center of California culture. After all, we’re talking about the birthplace of skateboarding and the epicenter of coolness, and home to eccentric celebrities (Robert Downey Jr.) and beach bum bohemians alike. It’s where Arnold Schwarzenegger was discovered working out at Muscle Beach and where Jim Morrison formed The Doors.
Leave your car behind! The best way to experience this coastal paradise is on foot. You’ll walk by countless historical landmarks and cultural points of interest as you experience the beach lifestyle at its finest. And, your Oceanside visit is made even more complete by trekking off the beaten path to discover the secret gems that only Venice has to offer, like the Venice Canals.
If you’d rather steer clear of the beach chaos and focus on the sophisticated side of the city. Then we’ll start with some delicious food at the super chic and fabulous Gjelina. Afterward, your group will enjoy a fascinating walking tour that features architectural marvels, charming boutiques and the infamous Venice Canals. They'll be intrigued to learn about Abbot Kinney's passionate vision for the city and how it became a cultural icon for Southern California. This is a charming and low-intensity tour that screams relaxation and positive energy.
- Length:• 2 Hours
• Approximately 2 miles
PLEASE NOTE: The timing of this adventure may be condensed based on your time frame
- Fitness Level:Easy
- Tour Includes:• Expert CPR & First Aid Certified Tour Guide(s)
• Fun, Informative and Interactive video presentations on handheld tablets
• Water & Healthy Snacks
• Guide Gratuity
- What To Bring:• Comfortable shirt and shorts or pants
• Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt
• Closed-toe shoes
• Don’t forget your camera!
- Event Planning Questionnaire:
- Debbie S.: Had a fantastic day. Our guide Stephen paced the walk to suit all in the tour party. Would recommend this walk to everyone...
- Corrina F.: I did my third tour with Bikes and Hikes LA earlier this month and enjoyed it as much as I did the first and second time...
- Ano N.: Easily the best thing we've done in LA...let alone any of our travels. Do yourself a favor and book this in when you're in LA