Learn all about some of the famous landmarks in the core of the City of Angels with this guided walking tour of Downtown Los Angeles.
- Tour Length: Duration fully customizable.
- Tour Distance: Distance fully customizable.
- Time: Whenever you want!
- Meeting Place: Beverly Hills, CA
- Fitness Level: Beginner to Moderate—some hills. Walking tour can be tailored to groups fitness abilities. Good health and closed-toe shoes highly recommended.
- For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
- Please note: This is experience is intended for groups, team building, and is also available to be booked as a private, VIP experience. To book any of our daily public tours, click here.
- Walking tour of famous Greystone Mansion, one of LA’s top filming locations
- Personal history of this Hollywood Haunted Home
- Beautiful grounds with multiple opportunities for photos!
- Insider tour of hidden Greystone Mansion passageways
- Fun folklore
- …and more!
What You’ll See/Do
- You’ll take a group walking tour of Greystone Mansion, one of the top filming locations in LA!
- You’ll learn the history of this famed Hollywood Estate
- You’ll explore Greystone’s beautiful surrounding grounds and gardens
- You’ll snag the top recommendations for places to eat, drink, and see stars in Beverly Hills!
What is Provided
- Expert local guides, certified in CPR & First Aid
- Logistical planning
- First Aid Kit/s
- Event Insurance
What to Expect
- This tour is rated easy to moderate. Guests will walk through Greystone Mansion and explore the history of this famous Hollywood home.
- Guests should be comfortable walking for several hours. Tour can be customized according to group’s fitness goals and timeframe.
- Guests can expect iconic anecdotes, film trivia, Hollywood History, and multiple photo opportunities!
Optional Add-On Services
- Mindfulness Experience
- Picnic lunch and games
- Transportation to and from guests location
- Pop-up bar
What to Bring
- Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
- Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt (check the weather)
- Closed-toe shoes with good treads
- Don’t forget your camera!
- Tour led by Million Dollar Listing’s Josh Flagg! Add-on private tour includes: Room by room commentary, discussion on Beverly Hills real estate, group and individual photo opportunities
- Autographed book signing by Josh Flagg! Josh has written two books and will provide signed copies for the group
About Greystone Mansion Private Group Walking Tour
Of all the palatial homes in Beverly Hills, this is perhaps the most famous and certainly the one with the most storied past. The mansion in question? Greystone Manor. Built in the late twenties at the astronomical cost of nearly $3 million, the estate was constructed for Ned Doheny, the son of one of LA’s founding family’s Edward Doheny. Not only was the film, There Will Be Blood, starring Academy Award winner Daniel Day Lewis loosely based on the life of the elder Doheny, some key scenes from the film was actually shot on location at the estate.
Mystery and intrigue surround this particular properly. Soon after Ned, his wife and their children moved into the estate, Ned was shot in cold blood by his male secretary, Hugh Plunkett in a baffling murder/suicide. Although Ned only enjoyed the estate for a short time, his widow remarried and then lived at Greystone for a number of years until moving to a property adjacent to the manor, known as The Knoll (this property was recently sold for $41 million dollars and prior to being torn down was owned by such notable Angelenos as Kenny Rogers, the producer Dino Di Laurentis and the Davis family).
Throughout the years, Greystone has been owned by a variety of different individuals and organizations, most notably The American Film Institute which began a tradition of using the house as a filming location that continues to this day. In addition to There Will Be Blood, the home and its lush gardens and grounds have been featured in films and television shows like Star Trek: Into Darkness, The Muppets, The Witches of Eastwick, Entourage, Revenge, Castle, Batman, Spiderman, Charlie’s Angels Full Throttle, All of Me, General Hospital (the site of Luke and Laura’s Wedding).
Your guests will enjoy a truly intimate and interactive experience with the property. Our expert guides know the mansion inside and out and will be assisted by Greystone staff to showcase the home’s interior and expound on its unique history. You’ll see why this Beverly Hills Park is among the city’s most treasured.