Join Bikes and Hikes LA on an early morning group fitness hike tour through one of LA’s most exclusive hiking trails in the Hollywood Hills!
GRIFFITH OBSERVATORY HIKE
#1 Griffith Observatory and Los Angeles Tour!
- Departure Times: Twice daily at 10 a.m. & sunset LA tour / 365 days a year
- Sunset Hike Departure Times
- March 14th, 2021 – November 6th 2021: Sunset tour at 4:30 p.m.
- November 7th, 2021 – March 13th, 2022: Sunset tour at 3:00 p.m.
Can’t make 10 AM or sunset? Click here to book a private Los Angeles tour , beginning any time you’d like. Check in 15 minutes before your Hollywood tour.
- Standard Length: 2.5 hours
- Tour Distance: 3.5 miles round-trip (5.6 km)
- Meeting Place: Greek Theatre Box Office, Griffith Park
- Fitness Level: Easy to Moderate. Great for families. (Children should be 5+ years of age, and able to hike. For guests traveling with young children or strollers, we recommend our express Hollywood Sign Tour)
- To book a private Griffith Park Hike tour or a group tour, click here.
For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
- Hollywood Sign
- Griffith Park Observatory Insider Tour
- Hollywood History
- Hollywood Sign Viewpoint
- Hollywood Sign History
- Los Angeles History
- Greek Theatre
- Mount Hollywood
- Views of Downtown LA
- Famous Film Locations
- Views of Forest Lawn Mausoleum
- LA River
- Century City
- Silver Lake
- Los Feliz
- Chance to catch a glimpse of LA celebrities hiking with their dogs
What You’ll Do:
Trails to see the Hollywood Sign are open, and Bikes and Hikes LA have the #1-rated LA tours! Our Hollywood hike tours are available for the public twice a day, 365 days a year, with your choice of a 10:00 AM Griffith Park Hike, or a late afternoon sunset hike. We also offer private, VIP, and group/team building hike tours with customized times, available to book here.
On this Los Angeles tour, you’ll reach the top of one of the highest peaks in Griffith Park, giving you a stunning view of the Los Angeles skyline and beyond. Your expert Los Angeles tour guide will lead you on a 3.5 mile (5.6 km) Griffith Park hike to the top of one of the highest peaks in the park, getting the best viewpoint of the Hollywood Sign, all the while telling you captivating tales of Hollywood history, fascinating film trivia, and sharing loads of recommendations for the best places to go in LA. (Most of our LA hike tour guides also double as actors and comedians, so keep your eyes peeled for your tour guide on the big screen one of these days!)
Once you’ve snagged some beautiful panoramic views from the summit, you’ll walk over to an overlook where you’ll get the picture-perfect shot of the Hollywood Sign, bound to fill your Instagram followers with envy. (Our guides rock at taking photos, too, so you’re in great hands.) Finally, you’ll head over to the Griffith Observatory and wrap up your Los Angeles tour with a grand finale of (literal) stars, unforgettable views, and memories to last a lifetime.
What is Provided:
- CPR/First Aid certified Los Angeles tour guide
- Historic Los Angeles tour
- Unlimited Instagram photo opportunities on this Hollywood Tour
- Expert advice for your stay in Los Angeles
- Exclusive “Cut the Line” access to the Griffith Observatory on this LA tour
- Tips for parking your car near the Griffith Observatory
What to Expect:
- We’ll be walking 3.5 miles (5.6 km) along what is widely considered to be an easy to moderate Hollywood Sign hiking trail.
- Guests joining this tour should be in good health, with a beginner to intermediate fitness expectation.
- Guests should be able to walk 3.5 miles to take this Los Angeles tour.
- Guests should not have a fear of heights, and should not be afraid to break a sweat.
- Young children are welcome to join this hike tour; we recommend this tour for guests ages 6 and up. Children participating in the hiking tour should be able to hike on their own. NO STROLLERS!
- Guests must provide their own water for this tour. We recommend that guests bring 2 bottles of water, and to hydrate before, during, and after the Griffith Observatory Hollywood Sign Hike, especially important in the warm summer months!
- COVID-19 UPDATE: All guests must sign an online safety waiver prior to departure, to ensure a safe, contactless check in process.
What to Bring:
- All guests must bring water on our LA tours. We recommend 24 oz or more.
- Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
- Jacket, windbreaker, or sweatshirt (check the weather)
- Closed-toe shoes with good tread
- Don’t forget your camera! You’ll get the best view of the Hollywood Sign and the Griffith Observatory, so be sure to tag us on Instagram @bikesandhikesla
Private Tour Option
All of our tours can be made private for an additional one time fee of $125 per group. When booking a private Griffith Park Experience, please include your desired start time in the “notes” section. Our Griffith Park Experience is also an excellent option for corporate group tours in Los Angeles.
Keep in Mind
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking your Los Angeles tour
- Guests should be in good health and able to walk on the Griffith Park trail
- Hotel pick-up and drop off, and on site storage area not included on this LA tour
- Gratuities for guide are not included in the booking cost. 15-20% is recommended for this LA tour
- Guests must confirm their tour 24 hours in advance of this Hollywood Sign tour
- Children under 2 years old are free. We recommend a hike pack, or on the shoulders on this Los Angeles tour.
Free parking at the Greek Theatre
No car? No problem! Click here for LA Metro’s Trip Planner
Just book it! You can cancel or make changes no later than 24 hours in advance of your booking, for a full refund or to reschedule your tour! If you happen to miss the 24-hour mark, you’re guaranteed credit to use at a more convenient time. You’ll also have the opportunity to transfer your tour to someone you like (or to whom you owe a favor).
For answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
ABOUT OUR HIKING TOURS
WE OFFER 2 OTHER HIKING TOURS! READ BELOW TO DECIDE WHICH HIKING TOUR YOU’D LIKE TO BOOK:
Our Griffith Observatory Tour is Great for Kids!
Our Griffith Park Observatory Tour is an incredible LA hike tour for kids of all ages! This family friendly Los Angeles hike through the Hollywood Hills is an activity that your children will love. Kids ages 7-97 will enjoy exploring Griffith Park, hiking to the top of Mount Hollywood, snagging the best views of the Hollywood Sign, and exploring the famous Griffith Observatory on this LA tour. This Hollywood tour is available in the morning, and also as a sunset hike, boasting the best views in Los Angeles! Take your family on our top kid-friendly activity on your next trip to Los Angeles!
The Grand Finale: The Griffith Observatory!
Pickup at the Griffith Observatory
*Note: The Griffith Observatory is closed on Mondays.
For guests who would like to take a private Los Angeles tour, fill out our custom LA tour form here.
Our daily Griffith Observatory/Hollywood Sign hike tour introduces you to the most famous Instagram photo in Los Angeles – the best viewpoint of the Hollywood Sign in famed Griffith Park!
With stunning panoramic vistas, famously sunny weather, and year-round warm temperatures, Los Angeles is perfect for hiking tours. Our daily Hollywood Sign hikes deliver a unique and memorable sightseeing experience that highlight some of LA’s many outdoor and natural attractions, as well as hidden gems that most other LA tours overlook.
This LA tour begins at the Greek Theater in Griffith Park, which is one of the largest urban parks in the United States. Covering over 4,300 acres in central Los Angeles, Griffith Park is a natural oasis in the heart of the city, with elevated summits that provide stunning views of the iconic cityscape. Griffith Park is also one of the top Los Angeles tourist destinations and filming locations in the world.
As we hike up to vantage points that offer sweeping 360-degree views, we’ll visit a long list of Los Angeles attractions and destinations including a front-of-line, insider’s tour of the Griffith Observatory, prominently featured in the classic movie Rebel Without a Cause, and of course, the world-famous Hollywood Sign.
This Hollywood Hike Tour also travels through the Griffith Park’s beautiful bird sanctuary, peaking on Mount Hollywood for an Instagram-worthy photo opportunity. Our family-friendly Hollywood hiking tours are ideal for guests of all skill levels, and deliver a great workout without being too challenging.
All in all, you’ll enjoy a two-and-a-half hour Hollywood Hike tour, filled with beautiful sunshine and fascinating insights delivered by our expert tour guides.
Join our Hollywood Sign tours in the morning, or in the afternoon for an incredible sunset experience.
Come see why media outlets and major travel publications including National Geographic, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, Forbes Travel Guide, Lonely Planet, and many others are raving about our unique brand of Los Angeles Hike tours and experiences. Book your Hollywood hike tours online today!
Our #1 LA Hike Tour was recently listed in the Top 15 Walking Tours in the USA!
“I promise it will be your favourite LA experience.” – Claudia Winkleman (The Times UK, host, Strictly Come Dancing.)
SoCalPulse Magazine named our Sunset Hike the #1 tour for hiking in LA and a must-do! See the story here: SoCalPulse.
How to do West Hollywood like a celebrity – ES Insider
Los Angeles Itinerary How to spend 3 days in LA – Passports Stamps
Voted #1 tour in Los Angeles 5 years in a row.
What is a guided Hollywood Day/Sunset tour?
Bikes and Hikes LA proudly launches 3 daily guided hiking tours; an early morning hike tour in the Hollywood Hills (at 7:30, to jump-start your day and cure any jet lag!) and our Griffith Park hiking tours, launched in the morning (10 am,) and at sunset. You’ll meet your Hollywood hiking tour guide at the Greek Theater box office, and climb to the summit of Mount Hollywood, the second-highest peak in Griffith Park. Along the way, your tour guide will regale you with tales of famous films shot in Griffith Park, explain the illustrious only-in-the-movies history of the park, and point out famous Hollywood locations from multiple panoramic viewpoints. You’ll hike out to an overlook where you’ll get incredible Instagram pictures of the Hollywood Sign, and then culminate your guided Hollywood Sign hike tour with an insider’s tour of the iconic Griffith Observatory– skip the line at this famed LA attraction and enjoy the celestial wonders and rich history presented to you by your guide. Griffith Park is also an Instagrammer’s paradise– and your guide will make sure to take countless photos of you with the Hollywood Sign and throughout your tour, be it in the morning or at sunset.
Who Can Take our LA Hiking Tour?
We welcome hikers of all ages (from 6-96!) who are up for a challenge and in good physical shape to join us on any of our guided hike tours! We also offer private hiking tours of Los Angeles, and our Hollywood Hills Hike is a popular option for groups looking for team building tours of Los Angeles. Give us a call today to coordinate your guided private hike tour!
Why Take a Guided Hike Tour?
Our guided hike tours of Los Angeles are a wonderful way for guests to get a rigorous workout with a healthy side helping of trivia, fun facts, filmography, and photographic paradise. When you book a guided Hollywood celebrity hike tour, you’re able to simultaneously hike while receiving a guided narrative of the 25+ mile panoramic vista surrounding you on all sides of Mount Hollywood. With the help of a dynamic guide, guests are able to situate themselves within the massive urban sprawl of LA, and take in infinite sites, top attractions, and filming locations within Los Angeles. Our hike tour guides are seasoned professionals in all things Los Angeles and spirited performers, who love nothing more than to give you countless recommendations to make your visit to Los Angeles truly unforgettable.
What dates are your guided hike tours held?
We are open 24/7, 365 days per year, evenings, weekends, holidays, you name it. Book a guided hike tour ANY TIME.
Where can I take your LA hike tour?
Our tours are launched from the famous Greek Theater in Griffith Park. You’ll receive directions with your confirmation– allow for extra time, thanks to that iconic LA traffic:) Your guide will be waiting for you at the Greek Theater Box Office with a bottle of water for you to hydrate during the hike. On our Los Angeles private hiking tours, you’re able to modify your meeting place and end point to suit your group’s needs. Once everyone has checked in, we begin our climb!
Who will my guide be?
Our LA hike tour guides hail from all over the planet- from New York, to Estonia, to right here in Los Angeles! All of our hiking guides bring a treasure trove of knowledge, a flair for storytelling, a passion for sharing our fair city with you, and endless amounts of positive energy. We also *rock* at cell phone photography; let us capture you holding, blowing a kiss, or eating the Hollywood Sign for the perfect Instagram shot!
This tour sounds right up my alley! Can I book my guided LA hiking tour right now?
You sure can, right here. Catch you on the trails!
Give a gift card to any of our Los Angeles tours! Find the best gifts for your family, friends, and loved ones at Bikes and Hikes LA! We wish you safe travels in 2021 and a happy new year- see you in LA!
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOL:
- ALL OF OUR TOUR GUIDES AND BIKE SHOP STAFF ARE FULLY VACCINATED!
- All of our tours are outdoors, in the fresh air, and naturally physically distanced.
- Guests must call or email 24 hours in advance to confirm their tour.
- Under current CDC and California guidelines, guests are no longer required to wear a mask outdoors. Guests may bring masks if they feel comfortable doing so.
- Still concerned? Make your tour private for you and your guests. Please call or email with any further questions, and check out our updated COVID-19 policies here
- NOTE: The Griffith Observatory is finally PARTIALLY REOPENING after being closed due to COVID-19! Currently, the Observatory is open Friday-Sunday.