PASADENA BIKE & HIKE TOUR
Pasadena ranks as one of California’s most picturesque and historical cities, renowned for its spectacular Tournament of Roses parade, and of course, its world famous stadium, the Rose Bowl. Due to its temperate climate, large avenues and beautiful scenery, Pasadena is ideally suited for outdoor activities. Your private bike & hike tour begins just outside the doors of the historic Langham Huntington, Pasadena. We offer two distinctly different but enjoyable Pasadena excursions:
Itinerary One: Mansions, Gardens & More
Your group will explore the Oak Knoll section of Pasadena and see some notable homes featured in television shows and movies like Father of the Bride, Brothers and Sisters, Benson and the infamous “Lily Pond” estate where Dynasty’s Krystle and Alexis duked it out. Next stop is the Huntington Library and Gardens located in the beautiful Pasadena suburb of San Marino. Famed for its art collection housed in a historic estate, and its one- of-a-kind gardens spreading over 120 acres, the Huntington is, without doubt, the pride of the Pasadena. The estate itself is magnificent (it doubled as Robert Redford’s palace in the film Indecent Proposal) and it has over 14,000 varieties of plants showcased in more than a dozen principal garden areas. The botanical themes for these gardens include Australian, Chinese, Japanese, Shakespeare, and Rose and Palm. Each one is an amazing showstopper in its own right.
Then it’s time to get your “Big Bang” on by cycling past the California Institute of Technology campus. For fans of the hit CBS sitcom, The Big Bang Theory, this is a hallowed ground—it’s where Sheldon, Raj and the other guys all work, play and get into trouble. Finally, you’ll visit Old Town Pasadena, the historic core of the city. Many sites await, including historic old hotels, galleries, and even a converted train station. From here, it’s a short bike ride back to our Langham Huntington starting point.
Itinerary Two: Bike & Hike of Pasadena with Rose Bowl Tour
This private biking and hiking of Pasadena tour will cover much of the same ground as Itinerary One with one notable exception: instead of visiting the Huntington Gardens to the west, your group will travel east to visit the world famous football stadium; the Rose Bowl. Nicknamed the “Granddaddy of Them All,” this stadium hosts the most prestigious and oldest college football championship game. You’ll bike by the stadium and then enjoy a tour of selected areas of its interior.
- No. Of Participants:10 person min / 250 person max
- Length:• 2.5 hours
• 10-12 miles
• Includes multiple walking tours
• PLEASE NOTE: The timing of this adventure may be condensed based on your time frame
- Fitness Level:• Easy—no hills
• You must be comfortable on a bike
- Tour Includes:Expert CPR & First Aid Certified Tour Guide(s)
• 21-Speed High-End Hybrid Road Bike (M/F)
• Safety Equipment (Helmet & Vest)
• Bicycle Staging
• Water & Healthy Snacks
• Chaser vehicle
• Guide Gratuity
- What To Bring:• Comfortable shirt and shorts/pants
• Jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt,
• Closed-toe shoes.
• Don’t forget your camera!
- Additional Pasadena Options:In Pasadena, we offer hikes and team building events throughout the Angeles National Forest including a really great full day hike to the top of Mt. Wilson, bike tours throughout the city, and tours of the Norton Simon Museum, Huntington Library and Gardens, The Gamble House, Old Pasadena, Kidspace Children’s Museum, Colorado Boulevard, Rose Bowl, Arlington Gardens, Eaton Canyon, and so much more. Just give us a call or shoot us an email with your specific needs and we’ll design a custom adventure to fit your preference
- Event Planning Questionnaire:
- Debbie S.: Had a fantastic day. Our guide Stephen paced the walk to suit all in the tour party. Would recommend this walk to everyone...
- Corrina F.: I did my third tour with Bikes and Hikes LA earlier this month and enjoyed it as much as I did the first and second time...
- Ano N.: Easily the best thing we've done in LA...let alone any of our travels. Do yourself a favor and book this in when you're in LA