It’s Christmas time in Los Angeles! Celebrating the holidays in Los Angeles is a little different than celebrating in other parts of the world. Although LA doesn’t quite conjure up a white Christmas with lots of snow and sleigh bells ringing, Angelenos still know how to get in the Christmas spirit. From Victorian Christmas Carolers, shopping galore, to the LA Zoo lights, a bike tour, and a sunset hike, LA has something for everyone wanting to celebrate. Here are 10 suggestions on how to get into the holiday spirit, LA STYLE!
1. Lawry’s Steakhouse, Beverly Hills– Have a traditional Christmas experience as you dine on culinary holiday favorites such as Roast Beef and Prime Rib. Treat your ears to the Christmas carolers as they stroll through the restaurant, going table to table singing holiday classics. They even take requests! Book your table at Lawry’s now through Christmas eve. It’s one of the best restaurants in LA, so make your reservation today! Visit www.lawrysonline.com.
2. Bike Tour – Bikes and Hikes LA offers a great way to burn off those holiday calories with a bike tour of Los Angeles. Celebrate the holidays in Hollywood as you pedal through some of LA’s best neighborhoods. Favorite LA holiday highlights include the Christmas tree atop the Capitol Records Building and Paramount Pictures’ illuminated twin archways. Book your holiday Hollywood Bike Tour now at www.bikesandhikesla.com.
3. LA Zoo’s Zoo Lights – The LA Zoo hosts “Zoo Lights,” an evening holiday extravaganza of colorful lights during the Christmas season. Open after dark, stroll along the lanes in a Christmas wonderland of glowing trees and animated animals. The LA Zoo holiday experience can’t be beat! Visit www.lazoo.org.
4. Hollywood Farmer’s Market – You’ll be immersed in the Christmas spirit as you walk through LA’s original Farmer’s Market decorated to the nines! Consistently voted one of the best places to visit and for holiday shopping in LA, enjoy Christmas music, arts and crafts, variety shows, Christmas carolers, and more at the Farmer’s Market! Visit www.farmersmarketla.com.
5.The Grove. It’s one continuous LA holiday celebration as you make your way through the Farmer’s Market and to The Grove, LA’s best hotspot for holiday shopping. The Grove is splendid at Christmas, filled with lights, Christmas trees, and festive music everywhere. Hop on The Grove’s “Christmas” trolley, resplendent with giant wreath on the front, as it clangs its way through this world renowned entertainment and shopping destination. Visit www.thegrovela.com.
6. Shutters in Santa Monica – Enjoy a little Christmas cheer as the waves lap against the shore in this hip Santa Monica restaurant. The patio at Shutters is one of the best beachside restaurants in LA, and is extra festive this time of year! After snacks and cocktails, stroll over to the Third Street Promenade and enjoy Santa Monica’s best Christmas shopping amongst a spectacular holiday Festival of Lights.
7. Melrose Fashion District – Shop the cool, edgy, vintage boutiques on this iconic Hollywood street. Then head west on Melrose to West Hollywood’s Design District for a little more Christmas shopping in the high end boutiques. Have a coffee at Urth Caffe or enjoy the gorgeous holiday views from West Hollywood’s best kept secret — the “urban park” on the third floor of Restoration Hardware.
8. Abbot Kinney Boulevard – Known as the “hippest street in America,” this famous street in Venice knows how to celebrate the holidays with Christmas carolers and magical lights for the perfect Yuletide feel. Complete your LA Christmas shopping in style, surrounded by some of the swankiest boutiques, coffee shops, and organic restaurants in the world, just steps from Venice Beach.
9. Holiday Cheer at Two Rodeo Drive– Stroll Beverly Hills famous shopping enclave at Two Rodeo Drive, and experience holiday cheer in the pinnacle of luxury shopping in LA. Share in the live music, sing along with carolers, and whisper in Santa’s ear what you’d like for Christmas- hopefully you’re not on the naughty list! Select dates for Two Rodeo Drive’s holiday festivities may be found here: http://www.2rodeo.com/ .
10. Sunset Hike – After all the Christmas Cheer and holiday dining, take in a gorgeous LA sunset while getting a workout (and a tan at) simultaneously! Enjoy the spectacular views of the city and a hike with a view of the Hollywood Sign, with a Bikes and Hikes Sunset Hike. Visit www.bikesandhikesla.com.
LA is a great place to get into the Christmas spirit with these top ten holiday adventures- just swap snow and shivers for sun and surf. Forget all about the chilly “white Christmases” past, and enjoy your holidays in the sun.